Monday, November 5, 2012

Day Twelve

I'm pretty sure I could happily spend my day cropping photos. Finding an impactful image within an image is addictive and fun.

I think for most art students critique day in class is the least fun part of their training, but as a perfectionist in some aspects of my life I must admit I had a secret love for those days. Probably because I'm my own worst critic, so I saw the critiques of others as pretty mild in comparison, and took it as an opportunity to learn and get better. To some degree this is one big year long critique day, and as the days go on I'm realizing this will do more than help me get my creativity back. Hopefully become a better artist.

In today's collection...
A beer bottle against a window (I was trying to get the pattern of the screen in the background), a glass storage container with sugar and a small silver spoon, a section of my coffee table (I sketched a work by Degas on it during a hurricane), a scene on tv from a children's show, the wing of a stuffed toy bat, and pieces of a play mat on wood floor.

Enjoy!
Follow Me on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment