Friday, November 9, 2012

Day Sixteen

In today's series...
A spoon and bowl in the sink (bare with me, it looked pretty to me somehow), a children's ceiling fan, a baby bath tub, the inside of a plastic water pitcher, a collection of coasters, and a tissue box.

What's entertaining to me about the project is that each photo has a story to me. It's real life and was part of my day somehow. To see it transformed makes it even more interesting, and sometimes funny. An object, like the pitcher, that might have caused a toddler tantrum, now looks like an O'Keeffe painting. Those tend to be my favorites. I don't know that I had a particular favorite today though, I was more proud of the fact that I kept experimenting. Taking about thirty photos I usually have an idea of which I think will look great once cropped and turned into black and white. Today, however, surprised me. Almost every shot I thought would look great, didn't. And those I was iffy about, ended up making my final cut. I like surprises. Not jump out behind a bush kind of surprise though.

Enjoy!
Follow Me on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment