Thursday, November 1, 2012

Day Eight

So my almost three year old decided, after a weekend Halloween party, that she rather help give out candy on Halloween night, versus go trick-or-treating. I figured, I grew up trick-or-treating in the melting heat of Miami, so why fight this if it meant I didn't have to walk around in 40 degree temps. Then I hear a rejoicing song and dance in the background and realize, there's more to this. There always is. Apparently the master plan was to "help" give out treats, so that she could smuggle a treat for herself every time a child knocked the door. Pretty genius for a toddler. Stay warm, get more candy, and eat that candy on your comfy couch while watching Fraggle Rock.

And so went the plan. I would crack up laughing each time a trick-or-treater stopped by, watching this unfold. I would answer the door, my daughter would bust through, the kids would say "trick-or-treat!" followed immediately by my daughter yelling "trick-or-treat!"...politely pulling down my basket full of candy, grabbing one, then looking up and smiling at the kids, who were standing their, bags open, waiting for me to stop laughing and give them their share. She'd quickly turn around and skip up the steps, singing something about "I have M&M's!"

This went on all night and it made me laugh more each time she did it. I have to say I was proud of the fact that she was controlled enough to take just one at a time. I was waiting for a grab and run of as many pieces as she could fit into those little paws. It was cute seeing the intense excitement over a bag of five M&M's.

Speaking of cute. What was NOT cute was the intense excitement to get up at six in the morning to eat candy. "Yay! I'm awake! Have to give candy to the kids!"
Lets not wake up before Mommy's coffee is ready.

And the pics...
Had some inspiration from a good friend on these. She challenged me to be creative in the garage. This is what I got, between bringing in groceries and trying to convince my daughter not to eat the potentially five month old, unwrapped and half eaten snack bar she found somewhere in the car. Enjoy!
Follow Me on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment