Saturday, November 10, 2012

Day Seventeen

In today's series (stark contrast seems to be the theme)...

A peek through the door at a tree outside, a plastic cd case on a black desk, shadows on a wall, the ceiling in the stairway, a kids food mat, and the reflection of a window on that same kids mat.

Someone asked me if I was going for abstract. I stopped for a second to think, realizing they were completely right. The thing is, I didn't set out to transform normal everyday things into beautiful abstract forms, somehow my eyes, brain, and whatever else is involved is just attracted to it. I was recently looking at some amazing work by some amazing photographers through an online portfolio site, and found myself entranced by architectural images. And I don't mean pretty pictures of a building that you'd see in an architectural magazine. They were more like abstract works of art that used unique perspectives and angles, dramatic contrasts of colors and light, and they were cropped in daring ways. It somehow makes my brain feel good to look at those kinds of images. So I guess I'm more a fan of the abstract than I realized. Will be interesting to see which way it goes as this project progresses.

My favorite of the day...the cd case, because it ended up looking like an eclipse. Talk about abstract.

Enjoy!
Follow Me on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment