Thursday, November 8, 2012

Day Fifteen

In today's series...
A broken lamp shade, the inside of a travel coffee mug, a car steering wheel, a gas range, an old teapot, and a cardboard box.

The harsh light of almost midday was the inspiration. With the exception of the mug and steering wheel, the rest were taken a bit later in the day than I've been trending. Usually a photographer will stay away from the harsh midday light, but the fun of this project is that I'm completely free to experiment and try everything. Plus, I'm one for dramatic contrast.

The gas range, in all it's roughness was my favorite. The intense brightness coming through the window revealed every spec of dirt and dust. Great for the picture, not so great for me, as it's a reminder that my stove top could use a scrub. Or maybe leave it...for the sake of art.

Enjoy!

Follow Me on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment